What is PlayCleanGo?
Stop Invasive Species In Your Tracks®
A Patented Outreach Campaign that Works
The PlayCleanGo® Stop Invasive Species In Your Tracks® campaign works tirelessly to prevent the detrimental effects of invasive species to North America’s lands and waters. Through partnerships with other environmental and recreational organizations, clear messaging and community-based social outreach, we raise awareness of how and why thousands of invasive species are spread every year. To stop the spread, PlayCleanGo provides educational resources to help instill a stewardship ethic across the diverse communities and landscapes of North America.
The PlayCleanGo Story
- 2012 – The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources launches PlayCleanGo.
- 2016 – The Canadian Council on Invasive Species (CCIS) adopts PlayCleanGo.
- 2017 – The National Commission for the Knowledge and Use of Biodiversity (CONABIO) adopts PlayCleanGo in 2017.
- 2018 – NAISMA fully adopts PlayCleanGo.
- 2019 – NAISMA becomes the owner of the official PlayCleanGo brand.
Educate North America on invasive species.
The campaign’s goal is to protect valuable natural resources while encouraging folks to enjoy the great outdoors. Using community based social marketing to build brand recognition, our objective is to slow (and where possible to stop) the spread of invasive species by changing public and worker behaviors at risk of spreading harmful pests living on land or in water.
PlayCleanGo promotes awareness, understanding, and cooperation by providing a clear call to action to be informed, attentive and accountable for stopping the spread of all invasive species. We invite others with similar goals to utilize our materials. Join forces with like-minded organizations across North America and become a PlayCleanGo partner now!